Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Why should you join Fletch?
Fletch is a cybersecurity answer engine that makes your data instantly useful and helps under-resourced security and IT teams get and stay ahead of cyber threats. How? By eliminating the complexity of cybersecurity analytics; instead of tying up your best people for months with data wrangling, it delivers daily turn-key answers to pressing questions like “Is my company impacted by the latest threats in the news?”
We are looking for innovative and motivated individuals who share our vision to join our team. We are looking for those who think outside the box and are not afraid to take the lead and leap us forward. We are a collaborative, fun, hardworking team funded by some of the best investors out there. We are a remote team with members all over the United States.
If this excites you, we would like to talk to you and make you part of our journey.
Why does Fletch want you?
We are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Engineering Operations team.
This an individual contributor role focused on Cloud Infrastructure and automation as part of the overall Engineering team.
We manage the Fletch product infrastructure using Kubernetes and we are relying on a high degree of automation to simplify mundane tasks and focus our effort where it yields most value.
What you’ll be doing?
- Operate and maintain a managed Kubernetes (GKE) environment.
- Architect and implement the deployment of services on a public cloud on top of Kubernetes using Helm charts, working with other team members and developers.
- Manage the public cloud resources and networking layer interconnecting these services by defining them with infrastructure as code (laC).
- Build, manage, and optimize resilient persistent OLTP & OLAP databases, message queues, caches, etc…
- Build Continuous infrastructure deployment automation.
- Collaborate to define and implement initial observability requirements (metrics, logging, alerting, tracing) for new services.
- Rotate service instances to address vulnerabilities and fulfill patching requirements for security compliance.
- Be a subject matter expert and point of reference for any work requiring the changes to infrastructure components.
- Participate in an on-call rotation for infrastructure related issues.
- Document infrastructure architecture in the form of documents and diagrams.
What should your experience look like?
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience, of which at least 4 in an infrastructure or operational focused role.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Strong foundations around Continuous Integrations (CI) / Deployment (CD) practices and passionate about building highly automated tooling.
- Experience with infrastructure as code.
- Methodical about both practice and documentation.
- Self-driven and independent.
- A good collaborator with a team-first mentality.
- A continuous learner that strives to keep abreast of relevant technology advancements.
What could make you an ideal hire?
- Experience using and developing Helm charts with Kubernetes at scale.
- Proven track record in enabling organizations to handle a progressively growing scale.
- Direct, recent experience with Google Cloud or equivalent.
- Experience with Secure Development Lifecycles (SDL) and security compliance.
- Strong motivation with keeping things well documented and easy to understand by others.
- Experienced with and an advocate for remote work and teams.
Agencies and Recruiters__ We cannot consider your candidate(s) without a contract in place. Any resumes received without having an active agreement will be considered gratis referrals to us. Thank you for your understanding.
New hires must present within 3 days of starting the required documentation proving their ability to legally work in the USA. Fletch is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.